Celebrating the Miss Oatmeal Festival Pageant
It is that time for the Annual Miss Oatmeal Festival Pageant. The pageant will take place on Friday, September 2nd at the Oatmeal Community Center. Girls between the ages of 2 to 18 years take the stage at 6:00 pm to compete for the 2022 title of being one of the divisions winners of Miss Oatmeal Festival.
Everyone is welcome to come out to Oatmeal, have a great BBQ Dinner and support these girls. The evening will begin at 5:00 pm with a BBQ Dinner Fundraiser, Live music by Chris Reeves & Ritchie Bustillo., the Miss Oatmeal Festival Pageant follow by a Live Cake Auction and then Chris & Ritchie will retake the stage for a great evening of live music. The festivities will take place at the Oatmeal Community Center and Pavilion located at the big Oatmeal Canister on FM 243, about five miles southwest of Bertram.
The six divisions:
- Miss Itsy Bitsy Oatmeal – 2-3 years old
- Miss Little Bit of Oatmeal – 4-6 years old
- Miss Oatmeal Muffin – 7-9 years old
- Miss Oatmeal Cookie – 10-11 years old
- Miss Oatmeal Princess – 12-13 years old
- Miss Oatmeal Queen – 14-18 years old (Winner of this division will earn a $750 scholarship)
Girls must live in the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District and have moral character.
Each girl must be sponsored by a civic club, business, organization or individual. Please help support our youth by agreeing to sponsor this opportunity for them. The pageant fee is $35 that must accompany the application and made payable to Oatmeal Community Association.
Each contestant must provide a photo representing themselves as “Most Photogenic” to be submitted for judging. Photos must be 4×6 or smaller.
Girls may choose to participate formal or casual. Please note the judges will be evaluating based on the appropriateness for their age division.
- Wednesday, August 10th at 6:00 pm – Sign-up and Orientation at the Oatmeal Community Center.
- Entries will be due
- Turn in photo for the “Most Photogenic”
- Turn in Pageant Profile
- Go over the pageant rules and address questions or concerns
- Sunday, August 28th at 4:00 pm – Rehearsal
- Informal rehearsal, each girl will have a chance to walk the stage and practice
- This will be the ONLY rehearsal before the pageant
- Friday, September 2 at 6:00 pm – Pageant
- All contestants will need to arrive and be inside the Oatmeal Community Center Building by 5:30 pm
- Contestants will begin modeling at 6:00 pm
- All contestants will say their name and sponsor’s name
- Only Miss Oatmeal Queen will be interviewed by the Master of Ceremonies
- Saturday, September 4th at 9:00 am – Parade
- All division winners will be required to ride in the parade
The Miss Oatmeal Festival Pageant is presented by the Oatmeal Community Association. The funds raised by the association are used to support scholarship funds along with maintenance of the Oatmeal Community Center, Old Oatmeal Schoolhouse and Pavilion.
If you have any questions please call:
Lori Ringstaff @ 512-627-6691